Argentina is known for the Tango and there was no shortage of dancers in the streets in front of the restaurants in the barrio, "La Boca." This was a couple that were especially fun to watch. Tango encompasses both song and dance and as one porteno (person who lives in Argentina) songwriter said, it is a "sad feeling that is danced." I personally don't get the sad feeling when I watch it being danced but if you go to a true tango show, it sounds as though it is more of an "opera." I took a short tango lesson one time, and knew it would be a dance that would take so much practice and that one really had to "feel." Very dramatic, beautiful dance!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Tango in Buenos Aires
Argentina is known for the Tango and there was no shortage of dancers in the streets in front of the restaurants in the barrio, "La Boca." This was a couple that were especially fun to watch. Tango encompasses both song and dance and as one porteno (person who lives in Argentina) songwriter said, it is a "sad feeling that is danced." I personally don't get the sad feeling when I watch it being danced but if you go to a true tango show, it sounds as though it is more of an "opera." I took a short tango lesson one time, and knew it would be a dance that would take so much practice and that one really had to "feel." Very dramatic, beautiful dance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ALL RIGHT!
The tango makes its appearance at last.
Bravo,
Daktari
Post a Comment