Life in the desert continues to be grand! The grounds are so lovely and I enjoy walking each day. Yesterday, I was lucky and spotted a roadrunner. What a comical bird! I wasn't sure what it was when I first spotted it darting along the maze of pathways between the rooms and gardens. When I approached, the little bird fluffed up his feathers and the plume on the top of his head and stared at me for a moment before running away. I unfortunately didn't have my camera as it was such a delightful picture. In the evening, I spotted a hummingbird; a wonderful green with a rosy pink neck. I had my camera but she didn't stay still long enough to photograph.
As La Quinta was built in a Spanish style, I am having a great time looking at all the talavera tiles throughout. The stairway you see pictured here is the style that one of our stairways will be built in in the Mexican house. Each riser will have a different tile.
Tonight, we went to the outdoor restaurant which appears in picture three, though you see more of the garden than the restaurant. Live Peruvian music entertained us while we sipped margaritas and enjoyed the lovely evening. The weather continues to be great although there is a slight covering of smoke hovering above that has drifted in from the coast.
We still don't know when we are going home as it will depend on when the "guys" decide to leave Mexico and come back in the plane to pick us up! I'm told it will probably be by Halloween. Plans change quickly with this family so I always have to keep my bag partially packed!
Enjoy the weekend!
Love,
Patti
1 comment:
Hi Patti
Your blog is so much more fun with pictures! Tonight is the farewell party for George from Esabalu. Unfortunately, we'll be competing with the Red Sox world series game. However, we will have a live band to dance to! Have you had any dance opportunities lately?
Mark
Post a Comment